Thursday, March 10, 2011

Vaginal Yeast Infection and Fluconazole?

So about a week ago I was diagnosed with my first ever yeast infection. I have a rash covering the entire area with the usual itchiness and pain. My doctor prescribed me 150mg tablets of Fluconazole. I took the first one and there were no improvements, although the packaging said some should be seen in as little as 25 hours. As directed by my doctor, I took the second 3 days later. It has now been over 25 hours since I took the last pill and I am still in distress. The pain and itchiness has caused many sleepless nights and I just want this to go away. I take the third and last pill in 2 days. I was also prescribed cream to help with the itching but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference to me. I would like to hear from people who have experienced this as well while using this medication. I hope there is still hope to clear up this nuisance!

No comments:

Post a Comment